Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) – Norway is offering free tuition International Masters Programme to suitably qualified and outstanding international students who wish to enroll in a degree program in the institution for 2021/2022 academic session.
The International master’s programmes are taught entirely in English.
NTNU is a university with an international focus, with headquarters in Trondheim and campuses in Ålesund and Gjøvik. NTNU has a main profile in science and technology, a variety of programmes of professional study, and great academic breadth that also includes the humanities, social sciences, economics, medicine, health sciences, educational science, architecture, entrepreneurship, art disciplines and artistic activities.
- Host Country: Norway
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: December 1, 2021
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology is a public research university in Norway with the main campus in Trondheim and smaller campuses in Gjøvik and Ålesund. The largest university in Norway, NTNU has over 8,000 employees and over 40,000 students.
NTNU has the main national responsibility for education and research in engineering and technology, and is the successor of Norway’s preeminent engineering university, the Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), established by Parliament in 1910 as Norway’s national engineering university.
In order to be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- A first degree (a bachelor’s degree) in a relevant field
- To be admitted to the program of study, applicants must have a relevant bachelor’s degree with a grade point average of at least C.
- See the study program of your choice for specific academic requirements
- The first degree must have been completed by the start of the semester at NTNU in August
- English proficiency
- Excellent academic performance: A minimum requirement for admission to all programmes is the grade C or better on the ECTS scale. Note that admission is highly competitive.
- NTNU converts GPAs for education from other countries than Norway, and applicants are ranked based on this assessment. We do not have the capacity to assess your grade average before you apply, and requests to do so will not be obliged.
Transcripts of bachelor’s/undergraduate diplomas:
- Applicants with degrees from Cameroon, Canada, Ethiopia, Eritrea, Ghana, Nigeria, the Philippines, Sudan, Uganda and the USA must send their bachelor’s transcripts as hard copies directly from the relevant college/university, in addition to uploading them online.
To send hard copies to NTNU, please use the following address:
“Your application number”
International Master’s Programmes
O. S. Bragstads plass 3
Students who are admitted must bring all the original documents with them to NTNU. Students failing to present all relevant original documents upon request may be denied admission or later told to leave the university.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NUTU) on fsweb.no to apply
- Go to the application portal Søknadsweb.
- Select language in the top right-hand corner where it says “Norsk bokmål”.
- Click on “International Applicant”.
- Click on “Register new international applicant”.
- Answer the question regarding your English qualifications.
- Answer the question regarding residence permit in Norway.
- Answer the question concerning funding.
- You have now reached the application form. Please register as an applicant, and you will receive your password by e-mail.
- Log on to Søknadsweb with your e-mail address and password, and fill in the application details.
- If you are applying to one of NTNUs scholarship programmes, please state this in the “other information” box.
- As the final step of the application process, you will be asked to submit the required documentation. Upload all the required documents and make sure they have the correct format (.pdf).
- Please note that there is no “submit”-button.
You can change your application as many times as you like up until the deadline.