New Internship position at the African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) based in Midrand (Johannesburg, South Africa). The internship content is focused on Communication, Media Relations and Partnerships. Terms of Reference for the Internship is supported by the Flanders Trainee Programme for the African World Heritage Fund. Start date: 1 May 2021 (exact date to be agreed upon with the candidate)
The African World Heritage Fund (AWHF) in collaboration with the UNESCO Flemish Commission seeks an intern for a period of six months. The intern will be based in Midrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, however with the current status of the Coronavirus (Covid – 19) pandemic, the internship will be carried out virtually until further notice.
AWHF was created in 2006 to support the effective conservation and protection of cultural and natural heritage of outstanding universal value in Africa. The main objective of the AWHF is to address the challenges faced by African State Parties in the implementation of the 1972 Convention, specifically, the underrepresentation of African sites on the World Heritage List and the insufficient conservation and management of these sites. The African World Heritage Fund is an inter-governmental organization and as a Trust under South African law and received the status of a Category ll under the auspices of UNESCO in 2009.
The selected candidate will (Tasks):
1. Assist with promoting and increasing the visibility of AWHF through social media, the website and other communication mechanisms.
2. Assist with writing of press releases, brochures, newsletters, fundraising proposals and concept notes. 3. Assist with the research of donors from the corporate sector, trusts and foundations, diaspora and other avenues.
4. Assist with other tasks as required.
• A degree in Social Science, Communications, Public Relations or related field.
• Knowledge in Corporate Social Responsibility and/or Business Ethics and/or Sustainability Labelling Systems and/or Stakeholder management and/or Company foundations.
• Excellent communication skills in English. French would be a great advantage.
General requirements for internship:
• Applicants who have finalized a Bachelor, Master or equivalent degree at a Flemish university or equivalent institution prior to commencing the assignment.
• Applicants who are fluent in at least one of the working languages of the office of assignment.
To submit a letter of interest and CV by the closing deadline of 28 February 2021.
For applications and further information:
Please contact Ms. Luyanda Sithole at: (email@example.com) & (firstname.lastname@example.org) .